Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mailbox Monday (31)

I always love looking at everyone's mailbox posts. It's so fun to discover what books are out there, and what everyone else will be reading. And while most the time you're just looking at the covers, that and a brief description tend to be all I need to get excited about a book. To see what everybody else is linking up check out this month's host For the Love of Books. As for me...
Mailbox Monday
For Review from TLC Book Tours.
The Keeper of Secrets by Julie Thomas
When I heard this books description it reminded me of The Red Violin, a movie a loved years ago. Plus parts of it take place from the Holocaust, a period I never get tired reading about. I'm actually a few chapters into it, and so far, I'm really enjoying myself.

For Review from Virtual Author Book Tours
Gaijun Cowboy by Jame DiBiasio
I wasn't sure about this one, till I heard that it was classified as New Adult, and that drew me in. I'm still a little apprehensive about this, but it definitely looks like it'll be a little crazy (in a good way!).

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

8 comments:

  1. I finished The Keeper of Secrets last night and really liked it! I had a feeling that I would like it early on and I was right. I hope you enjoy it, too! After I finished that, I started "A Thousand Splendid Suns." I have actually owned a copy since it came out but never got around to reading it. Lately a couple of people who have similar tastes have raved around it, so I am finally checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaijin Cowboy does look fun. Looking forward to hearing more about it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your books and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ENJOY...I like the looks of The Keeper of Secrets.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Keeper of Secrets sounds interesting. I will look forward to your review. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! your new books!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/mailbox-monday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received The Keeper of Secrets too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to reviews of The Keeper of Secrets. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete