Thursday, October 20, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 13

Day 13 – Your favourite writer
If you go through my archives it shouldn't be a surprise as to who my current favorite author is, just by the number of reviews. And when I say current I mean by mean currently, I mean myself at this moment. I definitely don't mean writer whose writing currently since she's been dead for almost 20 years. To give you an idea of who I'm talking about here's a list of the reviews of the author's books from my oldest review to most recent.

The King's Confidante
For a Queen's Love
A Favorite of the Queen
The Murder in the Tower
The Three Crowns
Madonna of the Seven Hills
Light on Lucrzia


Any guesses? Or maybe by now you've just clicked over to one of the review to ruin the surprise? Either way the answer is Jean Plaidy. She published easily over 100 books starting in the 1940s until the early 1990s, a large portion of which were historical fiction. Unfortunatly most of them are currently out of print, although some have been republihsed recently which is how I stumbled onto her while I was in college.

Although while I say they are being republished, as far as I can see there aren't any plans in the near future to put out anymore. Hopefully this changes, but for now I'll be picking up the books that are currently in print that I haven't yet read, and at some point hope to start looking for older version of her books in used books stores.

Have you by chance read anything by Jean Plaidy? Or instead, who is your favorite author?

1 comment:

  1. I keep changing my favorite author. I think it's a three way tie right now between Melissa Marr, Maggie Stiefvater, and Gail Carriger. It'll probably change next month.

    ReplyDelete