Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Get Ready... 'Cause Here They Come

Guess what I did yesterday? No response? Well, here's a clue...
DSC07061
In case that doesn't make things crystal clear and you need an explanation, you're looking at a box full of wedding invitations! As of yesterday, they officially went into the mail. I can't wait to share them with everyone, but I at least want my guests to see them in real life before they see them online. So I'll have to keep you in suspense for a little while longer.

But I will share the fact that I managed to pull off my vision and they are 100%, completely diy by me. I wasn't completely sure I was able to make it happen, and while they may not be perfect, I'm still really proud of them.

Now hopefully I just have enough postage on each one and they make it through the mail safely!

Anyone else have a mild freak out when they put their invites in the mail? And please tell me happy stories about having every single invite arrive without a single one being returned to the house.

6 comments:

  1. It was a relief for me to drop the invites in the mail. We had no problems with invites getting lost etc. Once the invites go out wedding planning got very real for me. Plus things started happening faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never got any back. Then again RSVPs are slim pickings as well. Haha can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purple!! Have fun waiting for all of the RSVPs. I would practically dash home everyday to see if any had arrived.

    Not a single one of our invites was sent back so I am crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! The REAL exciting thing, though, will be when those RSVPs start rolling in - we got quite a few with sweet "can't wait" type notes on them and now I always write notes on RSVPs before sending them back - and if it's a NO I make sure to include a real apology instead of just checking no and sending it off. Having been "the bride" has really changed the way I practice ettiquete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what they look like! I ordered mine online but I absolutely LOVE the way our invitations turned out and I think they set a really nice tone for our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!! Hope you start to get the RSVPs soon!

    ReplyDelete