Friday, June 15, 2012

The Final 50

Fifty Shades Freed by E L James
Going into this series I never would have expected the way the the final book would end. Although knowing the books are based on Twilight, and the way those books end, it really shouldn't have been a surprise. (And for those in the know, there's even a little Midnight Sun feel to parts.) Knowing everything that happens in book 2 especially, it's hard to write this without any spoilers, but I'll try my best.

The first 3/4 of the book actually felt a little frivolous, and it some ways while reading it I thought it would have been better to end the series at just two books. Finally the relationship had gotten to a stable point, and it felt like James was through hurdle after hurdle at the characters almost to see how they'd react each time.

But the final quarter of the book picked up, and I just sped through it. The book really does wrap of the story, and yet James still manages to end the book teasing that she might write another. And while there were times where I thought Ana's story really only needed 2 books, if there if a 4th, I would most definitely run out and buy it.

4/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm half-way through this one now and I'm enjoying it. I was getting sick of their constant fighting so for now I like their stable relationship. I'm now interested to get to the exciting part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the final chapters from 50's perspective!

    ReplyDelete