Sunday, August 31, 2014

Mailbox Monday (89)

It's that time of the week again, time for Mailbox Monday. Except since tomorrow is Labor Day, it means there's still one day of the weekend left! So I'm still linking up my books, I just get a little extra time before things get back to normal.
Mailbox Monday
From Paperback Swap
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
I know so many people who love all of Julie Kagawa's books, but till now I've never read anything by her. In case you're like me, and a bit unfamiliar with her work, this is the first in her Iron Fey series, a YA series about a girl who finds out she's half fairy. Hopefully like everyone else seems to, I'll fall in love with this one too!

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

12 comments:

  1. I did not buy any books this week, but I picked up "The Vacationers" from the library. I kind of doubt I will get a chance to read it before it's due, though, as I am SO behind on reading and have a couple of books I need to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by this author either, but I've wanted to, so I might get to it eventually. I finally read The Maze Runner after wanting to read it forever.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't yet read this author...soon, perhaps. Enjoy that extra weekend day! Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shoshanah,

    Although I do read YA books from time to time, I am not sure that this is one I would enjoy, simply because of its theme, as I am not a great lover of fantasy stories.

    I love the cover art though, and hope that you enjoy the book.

    Our long weekend holiday was last week, so everything is back to normal here this week. No more holidays for us until Christmas now, although the children have one more half term holiday at the end of October.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read a Kagawa title either but have heard nothing but good things - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read a Kagawa title before either, but my friend is crazy for them. Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The Iron King and thought it was pretty good. That's saying a lot, though, because I don't usually enjoy that genre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked The Iron King books - great find at Paperback Swap! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one of the Iron King books that I mean to read someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this book but don't read YA. The cover is gorgeous.

    ENJOY your reading week, and thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of her books but I know many people love them. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have not read this series...

    ReplyDelete