I'm sure by now you've seen the meme going around the blog-o-sphere. But considering I was tagged by both Heather at The Fox Family and Lori at At Home on Brooklyn I couldn't not participate. If you haven't seen it yet, here are the rules...
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random Things
1. I'm currently obsessed with apple cider k-cups. Seriously! I've been having like 2-3 a week. I told myself after I finish my current box I won't buy more, but we'll see how long that lasts.
2. My STDs are in the mail! I think at this point everyone has probably received by now, which means I can start posting about them. Get ready to hear all about our Save-the-Dates in the days to come.
3. Mardi Gras is on Tuesday. The boy and I are planning to head to a parade (or two) this weekend so hopefully it isn't too cold those days.
4. I still haven't added the facebook timeline. I want to, but don't really want to spend the time editing my posts from college. Eventually though I don't think I'll have the option.
5. My google reader hasn't been empty since last October. Did you know that after 30 days it automatically marks items as read? I didn't know until recently, but can only imagine how many unread posts I'd have otherwise. I'm getting close to under 100 unread, so hopefully soon it'll be empty.
6. I currently have 48 books sitting next to my bed waiting to be read. That is A LOT of books! I used to always look down on people who had a ton of unread books in their house and now I'm one of them.
7. I haven't bought a single new book in 2012. Which is needed considering #6. I do have a Barnes & Nobles gift card, so at least when I finally give in to temptation I won't need to spend money.
8. I'm more than ready for it to warm up so I can start laying out an tanning! (And hopefully make a dent in my reading pile as well.)
9. I'm not looking forward to it warming up because I don't want to tackle our garden. One thing I loved about the house when we bought it was the garden. I still love the idea of it, just not having to maintain it.
10. I ordered 8 books of girl scout cookies. And I'm the only one in our house who likes sweets. Sounds like I'll be eating a ton of cookies in the weeks to come!
11. I've noticed that my blog has been getting a ton of hits lately, and I'm not exactly sure why. But if you're new around here, please let me know so I can stop by your blog and say hello!
11 Questions from Heather
1. Do you have dreams regularly? Are they nightmares, or good dreams?
I don't normally remember my dreams. But the ones I remember tend to be bad ones.
2. What is your all time favorite television show?
I loved Party of Five. I have the first 3 (or maybe 2?) season on dvd. I would buy them all, except they haven't yet been released.
3. If you were on a deserted island for a month straight, what is the one thing that you would absolutely need to bring with you?
Besides food, I'd need a ton of books.
4. Have you ever gambled, and won big? Lost?
I have won money on slot machine before. Granted it's never been more than $20, but it's still better than losing everything.
5. If you were to get $10k just for yourself what would you do with it? You can't spend it on your kids, you have to spend it on yourself.
I'd want an amazing meal at some fancy restaurant, and then I'd probably pick up a ton of books.
6. What is your chocolate of choice? Dark? Milk? White?
Definitely white chocolate.
7. If you had to sleep with Criss Angel or lose both legs would you choose?
One would be over pretty quickly and the other I'd have to live with forever. So I'd say option A.
8. Do you have any dreams or goals that you still haven't met yet? What are they?
I'm not really a big goal person. But I definitely dream about my future children and can't wait to be a mom
9. what time do you normally go to sleep each night? Wake up?
My goal is to get in bed by 11 and read for 30 minutes or so. And I normally wake up around 7-ish.
10. What food would you eat everyday for the rest of your life if calories were not a factor?
11. What is your all time favorite scary movie?
I'm not a huge scary movie person. I'll go with The Ring, because that's the last one that I really remember loving.
11 Questions from Lori
1. What is one book that everyone must read?
There's several I could think of, but I'm going to go with Gone with the Wind
2. Favorite name for a boy? Girl?
I love Tacy for a girl. But I don't really have a favorite boy name.
3. Favorite movie quote?
I'm not a huge quote person, but maybe, "The force will be with you, always."
4. If you needed a rocking new outfit, which store would be your first stop?
Again, not really a shopper, but I tend to buy most of my work clothes from Express.
5. What is one thing on your bucket list?
I'd love to go to Australia or Greece some day.
6. Favorite sports event/team?
The boy has completely influenced my answer here, but LSU football or LSU baseball.
7. Where is your dream vacation destination?
I guess see #5
8. What movie can you watch over and over and over?
Love Actually or The Notebook
9. Favorite Word? Least Favorite?
Again don't really have a favorite. Although when I text I say "yo" a lot.
10. Boots or Heels?
11. Other than your current profession, what profession would you most like to pursue?
I'd love to be a writer, and at times I want to be a teacher.
11 Questions from me
1. What's your favorite type of candy?
2. What's the last book you read that you really loved?
3. How many phone numbers do you have memorized?
4. What are 3 things you'd love to have in a dream house?
5. The beach or the mountains?
6. What's your earliest childhood memory?
7. What's the last thing you ate?
8. What's your favorite type of drink to order out at a bar?
9. If you could live in any state (or country), where would you pick?
10. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
11. If you were to use one of my questions, for the questions you choose to ask, which one would you choose?
If you're still here reading this ridiculously long post, I applaud you! And to end I'm leaving you with the 11 people I'm tagging.
9. Miss Sweet Tea
3 hours ago