Thursday, April 21, 2011

Born to Kill

Hanna
I was actually pretty excited to see the movie. It just seemed like a really interesting premise, and I was curious to see where they were going to go with it. I did wind up enjoying it, but think they could have done a little more with.

Watching the movie it reminded me of the Fearless book series I read in high school. (Which I LOVED, and part of me wants to go back and reread the series in entirety because I never got to the end.) The similarities were that both girls were raised by their only by their father, and both seemed to not really have any type of fear. Although Gia, from Fearless, was able to blend in as a normal teen, whereas while Hanna makes an attempt at times she is still a long way from normal.

But my biggest complaint were the number of plot holes. There were a few lines that didn't make sense with others, and a few details that were left open without any real good reason.

I'm definitely glad I saw the movie, and think I would have been curious if I hadn't. But I can't say I have any large desire to watch it again, nor is it a movie I feel obligated to put on someone else radar.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see this movie also. Im glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see this but I have yet to get to the theater!

    ReplyDelete