Monday, February 21, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

You might think mid-February is a little early for baseball season, but in fact we spent Saturday at opening weekend for LSU baseball.
Game 2
We opted to go Saturday afternoon instead of Friday night, which meant instead of seeing a game where LSU crushed Wake Forest 15-4 we were in for a much closer game. Not to say we didn't get to see a home run, since LSU hit 2 home runs in both games. Here's Mikey Mahtook running in on his 3rd home run of the season (2 on Friday night, 1 on Saturday).
Mikey's 3rd Home Run
I wound up having my "regular" meal of a BBQ brisket sandwich and a slice of LSU tiger stripped cookie cake for dessert.
BBQ Brisket Sandwich
Cookie Cake
Since the boy did his best to avoid and all pictures,
With the Boy
I had to settle on a photo shoot with myself and the field.
At Alex Box
By the ninth inning with the Tigers up 4-3, we brought in our Junior closer Matty Ott to seal the deal.
Matt Ott Closing the Game
Hopefully this 2-0 start is how the rest of the LSU baseball season will go, and the Tigers will find themselves with a 7th national championship at the end of the season.

Geaux Tigers!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I am ready for some warmer temps! It's snowing up here in Boston again. I cannot wait for the Sox to get back in town so I can go to the games!

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  2. He knows when you get married, he's going to have to have his picture taken, right? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous. I haven't been to the new stadium yet. The brisket looks good, is it as good as Superior Grill's brisket?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bbq brisket looks so good! It looks like it was a fun time at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun! I love baseball games. esp the food!

    ReplyDelete