Saturday, January 3, 2009

Apartment Hunting

Last Tuesday the Boy went to a bunch of apartments hoping to find one to move into. It's something I've been wanting us to do together, bus since he is always working (7 days a week when he's in school), this is a bit of a problem. I don't really want to go look at apartments myself. Thankfully, since school is out for winter break he went to look a bunch of places. He had narrowed it down to a few, and I made the final pick.

So today I was supposed to go to our #1 and sign a lease. I was ridiculously nervous. I just hate putting myself in new situations where I don't know what to expect. So after stopping by my office to grab my last two paychecks from my desk, I went by the complex. Got there, nervous of course, and went into the office. Was like, "Uhhh I want to sign a lease" Turns out it didn't quite work that way.

The girl did remember the Boy, and was able to find a card he filled out showing interest. She said they didn't have any of the apartments we wanted opening up. But there were apartments that had been damaged by Hurricane Gustav. They were being remodeled and were supposed to be finish by the end of January or early February. If we decided to apply in hopes of getting one of those, we'd each have to fill out an application (and of course each pay an application fee). Each app had a page that our former place of living had to fill out and our current employer. Which kinda sucks because the Boy doesn't really have a former living place and I didn't have the best of relationship per se with my last apartment complex. And of course not knowing exactly when we would get an apartment kinda sucks. So yeah, overall not the best of a situation. Hopefully it all works out eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment