Sunday, January 11, 2009

Golden Globes 2009

I spent the afternoon at the Starbucks in Barnes and Nobles (Grande Cinnamon Dolce Latte and Vanilla Cupcake), which is quickly becoming my favorite Sunday afternoon pastime. Although, once we move into our new apartment I feel like it should stop. It's not that I don't enjoy it, but once we have our apartment I will be able to get my coffee stuff out and make my own cups. I won't however have access to the scores of magazines at Barnes and Nobles, so we'll see.

There are of course several things I want to start doing once we move. First is scrap booking. And not just at the apartment. I know there one store that does cropping sessions, and I think I should do that. It would definitely be a way to meet people. And maybe going to the farmer's market? That would be something I would like to do as a couple, but with the boy's schedule, I would have to do it myself.

Anyways the Golden Globes are on tonight, and I'm a sucker for awards shows. So without further ado, here are my picks for the winners tonight. It's a combination of who I WANT to win and who I THINK will when. Kinda difficult, because there is a lot of stuff I haven't seen, but hopefully will before the Oscars. So, here goes:

Best Picture (Drama) - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Best Actress (Drama) - Angelina Jolie – Changeling
Best Actor (Drama) - Leonardo DiCaprio – Revolutionary Road
Best Picture (Comedy or Musical) - Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Best Actress (Comedy or Musical) - Emma Thompson – Last Chance Harvey
Best Actor (Comedy or Musical) - Javier Bardem – Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Best Supporting Actress - Kate Winslet – The Reader
Best Supporting Actor - Heath Ledger – The Dark Knight
Best Animated Film - Wall-E
Best Foreign Language Film - Waltz With Bashir (Israel)
Best Director - David Fincher – The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Best Screenplay - Frost/Nixon - Written by Peter Morgan
Best Original Score - Changeling - Composed by Clint Eastwood
Best Song - "Gran Torino" – Gran Torino - Music By: Clint Eastwood, Jamie Cullum, Kyle Eastwood and Michael Stevens; Lyrics By: Jamie Cullum
Best TV Series (Drama) - House
Best TV Actress (Drama) - Sally Field – Brothers & Sisters
Best Actor (Drama) - Jon Hamm – Mad Men
Best TV Series (Comedy) - The Office
Best TV Actress (Comedy) - Tina Fey – 30 Rock
Best Actor (Comedy) - Steve Carell – The Office
Best Mini-Series or TV Movie - John Adams
Best Actress in a Mini-Series - Laura Linney – John Adams
Best Actor in a Mini-Series - Kiefer Sutherland – 24
Best Supporting TV Actress - Rachel Griffiths – Brothers & Sisters
Best Supporting TV Actor - Neil Patrick Harris – How I Met Your Mother

So we'll see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment