Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Five

Almost two months ago now, Lauren tagged me to list 5 things about myself. I do my best to follow through when tagged, so even though it's a few months late, here are my 5 things.

1. I feel like I'm in the minority, but I still buy cds. Of course, looking at the ones I've bought recently (Nashville Soundtrack Season 1 Volume 2, Nashville Soundtrack Season 1 Volume 1, Smash Soundtrack) it clear what the trend is and how rarely I actually buy cds. Of course I can promise you I'll be buying an album this summer, when the Backstreet Boys release their new cd.
Nashville Soundtrack
2. For the longest time I wanted to name my daughter Tacy. I thought it would be such a cute name for a little girl, plus I've been obsessed with the Betsy-Tacy books since middle school. I've since moved on from it, but there's still a little nostolgia for my almost-daughter Tacy.

3. I failed my driver's test the first time I took it. Of course it started hailing halfway through. It was raining so hard I couldn't see the lane lines, and while making a left turn was basically in the middle of two lanes. Thankfully though, the second time I took it, it was bright and sunny and I passed.
Myself in the car
This is me not driving, with it not raining, but still inside my car.
4. I was somewhat obsessed by Cicely Mary Barker's Flower Fairies when I was little. I had 3 of her books (Faires of Summer, Trees, and Alphabet) and used to spend what felt like hours in my room just imagining what life was like in their world.

5. When we bought our house one my favorite parts of it was the yard. Of course now it's my least favorite yard because of all the work that goes into it to maintain it. It's so overgrown and a little depressing. I know if I spent time on it every day it would look a lot better, but still the fact that I spend what feels like hours on it almost every weekend and it's in the shape it's in... Well, it makes me want our next house to have a lot more concrete and a lot less plants.

I'm not going to tag anyone but if you want to join it, but feel free to join the fun and list 5 or even 1, thing about you in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. This was fun to read! I learned some new things about you! I will occasionally buy CDs but only if they are less expensive than buying the album on iTunes.

    Unless I get married, I don't think I want to live somewhere with a yard - unless I hire someone to take care of it. I am just not a yard work person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I failed my drivers test the first time too! And I definitely did not realize all the WORK and constant UPKEEP that can go into owning a home in general!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that album! I had it on repeat for weeks! I need to get volume two that came out.

    ReplyDelete