Friday, September 14, 2012

Here Comes the Bride

Bride Needs Groom by Wendy Markham
I started reading this book a week or two before or wedding looking for a fun lighthearted book to get me in the wedding mood. Except a week after the wedding I was still reading it. It was a cute book, but it wasn't about a girl who decides to marry a stranger in Vegas so she can inherit her grandfather's money. Yes, the potential for a fun plot, but not the type of thing I want to be reading the the days leading up to being married.

The book was a little predictable, which I didn't really mind, and I think is expected in a book like this. But my biggest complaint was that it was slow. Granted I was somewhat occupied in the time I was reading this, but each chapter did seem to drag on.

That's not to say it was a terrible book. There were parts that I enjoyed, and I think it have a cute plot idea. But overall, this probably isn't an author that I'll be running out to read again.

2.5/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

5 comments:

  1. If I'm not hooked in the first few pages of a book I usually toss it to the side. And predictable books bug me. I like some twists and turns every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you and tend to plow through books I don't really like...even when I should probably put them aside. I agree that it sounds like an interesting plot line, but can also see why you might not "get into it" when you are days away from marrying the love of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you and tend to plow through books I don't really like...even when I should probably put them aside. I agree that it sounds like an interesting plot line, but can also see why you might not "get into it" when you are days away from marrying the love of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugg...really sorry this comment got left twice. Internet glitch :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like that too- even if I don't love a book, I will try to finish it. Sorry it wasn't a winner for you, but hopefully you will find a great one next!

    ReplyDelete