Sunday, June 6, 2010

Get Him to Persia

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
As seeing the previews for this movie, I really didn't want to see it. In the previews it just looks so cheesy, and really just bad. But to my surprise I actually enjoyed the movie.

The movie just wasn't what I expected. Yes, there were several actions scenes, but it was a lot more than that. The movies took me places I wasn't predicting, and introduced a lot of fun characters. Then of course I was a fan of the love story as well.

And the sands of time bit? It's something that has been overdone, but it felt as if there was a fresh twist to it. I thought I had predicted how the movie would end, and yet even so the ending was still a surprise to me. Overall I'd say this was definitely a pleasant surprise for me.

Get Him to the Greek
Every time I've seen previews for this, I can't help but think of my only concert at the Greek Theater. It was back in high school, and a friend and I saw O-Town. Not quite the same as Aldous Snow, but it was still a lot of fun.

But moving on, this was actually another nice surprise and better than I expected. While the movie wasn't amazing, it was full of all out ridiculous scenes where you couldn't help but laugh. And the music? Songs with lyrics like "There's an African child trapped inside of me," sung by Russel Brand. Or probably my favorite "Ring around my posie," and you're not getting that song unless you think of it the dirtiest way possible.

Apart from the ridiculously, the movie is chock full of cameos. I mean Draco Malfoy makes an appearance in the movie. Overall the movies completely over the top, but still pretty enjoyable.

Out of the two movies, my favorite would have to be Prince of Persia. But honestly, I still enjoyed each of the movies far more than I would have imagined.

~Shoshanah

3 comments:

  1. The Prince of Persia ending was a HUGE surprise to me - I kept thinking "OK, this would be a good way to end it..." and the movie kept going and then the ending happened and I was like, "Oh, that was the perfect ending!" Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really wanting to see Get him to the greek. I think it looks funny. I'm glad you enjoyed both movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terence saw the prince of persia too and said it was better than he expected! I didn't see it because I was watching the baby....hmmmm...is that fair? Do you twitter?

    ReplyDelete