Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back to the Garden

Last week I posted about the garden I planted. But there is so much more in the backyard that was planted by the previous owners. I can't stop taking pictures of it all. Partly because I can't believe I actually own a back yard, and also because there is so much growing in it. I'm still not sure everything that's a weed, and what's supposed to be there, but hopefully that will come with time. As before, I'm not completely sure the names of everything, so please feel free to make any corrections!
Magnolia Tree
Magnolia Tree

Daffodil
Daffodil

Roses in the Backyard
Roses

Ferns
Ferns
We thought these had died after the winter (you can still see some of the dead parts), but miraculously as its gotten warmed they've come back to life.

This probably won't surprise most of my readers, but my favorite parts of the backyard are the edible bits.
Babt Satsumas
Satsumas

Figs
Figs

I can't wait till these start to ripen and I can start snacking from my own backyard!

Anyone else grow fruit in their backyard? Or if you could have a fruit tree, what kind would you want?

~Shoshanah

4 comments:

  1. I definitely have backyard envy! It's such a greaet space.

    If I could have a fruit tree, I would want an apple, orange, or lemon tree. I think it's pretty much impossible to have an orange or lemon tree in Minnesota, though, but an Apple tree is very likely! Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grow strawberries and tomatos. If I had room to plant a fruit tree, I'd plant either plums, pears or cherry. Plums and Pears because I love them, Cherry because I love the looks of the cherry tree when it's all pink LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your yard! It looks so great! I'm trying to grow tomatos this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic backyard! I could be way off but the ferns you pictured look like banana trees. My best friend growing up had them, and while they never produced any fruit they were pretty!

    ReplyDelete