Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Transformer's Keeper

First things first, this weekend I discovered 100 calorie packs of Sour Patch Kids. Such an amazing idea. I always want something to snack on in the theater, even though I don't really need one. And 100 calories of Sour Patch Kids, its about a kids fruit snack serving. That's really all I need, plus since its tiny its awfully easy to sneak it into the theater. They made at least one appearance this past weekend. But let's get too it!

Transformers: Rise of the Fallen
We actually saw this last Wednesday, right after LSU won their baseball championship. Midnight showings were the night before, but due to the game we had to see a 10:30-ish show. Even the second day the theater was absolutely packed.

The actual movie was really good. I would say better than the first. I think my problem with the first movie was that there wasn't a well thought out plot. Granted most people saw that movie for the action and really didn't care about any plot. This time though they actually made a plot that seemed to make sense. Which I though overall, made it for more enjoyable.

The acting wasn't the best, especially Megan Fox's big emotional one near the end. I wouldn't say the acting was bad, just not amazing. But if I had to pick, I'd go for plot over amazing acting.

I also liked the location shooting. I would LOVE to go to Egypt someday, and pretty much love looking at the pyramids. And while Petra is not on my top 3 locations to visit I would easily go there if the opportunity presented itself. Moving to the opposite end of the spectrum.

My Sister's Keeper
I'll be honest I cried the entire movie. I've heard that it is supposed to be an uplifting movie, and maybe you could say that at the end of it. But if you cry during some movies, you won't stop during this one.

I've never read the book, so I can't comment on the differences. I have heard that they changed the ending, but I'm not quite sure how. The ending of the movie did seem to fit with the overall feeling of the film though.

The actual movie was done with a series of flashback and constantly changing who the narrator was. While it wasn't completely confusing, even now I'm still not sure how to arrange all the scenes completely chronologically. (They did have a preview for The Time Traveler's Wife during this one. And that time of film, where you're never sure where you are in time would be perfect for that!)

Overall I'd say go see Transformers. If you do feel like a good cry, then My Sister's Keeper might be the one for you.

~Shoshanah

9 comments:

  1. I really want to see My Sister's Keeper. Read the book & bawled at the end, so am curious to see how they changed it!

    Thanks for doing all these movie reviews. Helps me figure out what is/isn't worth seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really wanna see Transformers. I loved the first one! I can't go see it though! I promised Matt I would wait on him to get back from Iraq since we saw the first one together. Which means I can't see it until at LEAST november...sad face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips! I want to see both movies and now after reading this, I really want to see both movies!! :) Loved the first Transformers so I know I'll love this one and I always love a good cry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thansk for this!

    I loved the book Sisters Keeper -- but I heard the movie changed the ending which I think is lame. I'll likely get it on Netflix.

    Did you see Shoreline drive in Long Beach in Transformers? They filmed some major chase scenes there last summer with crazy explosions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planning on seeing transformers tonight. I never saw the first so I'm hoping I will understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to see My Sisters Keeper asap, I read the book and LOVED it!!! The bf wants to go see Transformers though, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sour patch 100 calorie packs! oh my gosh i need those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment!

    The book was way better! They reall changed it in the book. I felt the book ending was a much better fit. I didn't like the movie much.

    We loved transformers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the book was SOOOO much better than the movie. And as a result, I didn't like the movie much (even though I'm usually very open minded for these types of things!).

    I love Cameron Diaz, but I thought she was SO not meant for the role of the mom...So whenever I'd feel like crying, she'd say/do something or cry, which would make ME stop wanting to cry. You should definitely read the book though :) THAT made me cry big time ;)

    ReplyDelete