Sunday, July 1, 2018

Mailbox Monday (132)

It's been forever since I've posted for Mailbox Monday (Years, literally.) To the point where I wasn't sure if it existed anymore. But you do! And I purchased a couple of books I couldn't help but share, so here I am, back again!
Mailbox Monday
Purchased
We're about to head on vacation, and I was in search of a couple of beach reads to bring along for both me and the kids. I'm so excited by what I found, and can't wait for us all to enjoy these.
Star Wars Block Illustrated by Peskimo
I've heard of these block books for a while and was really intrigued. But finally seeing one in person, plus the fact it was Star Wars sucked me in. This really is unlike any book I've seen, and I'm hoping Bear loves it just as much. Especially since I want to buy all the others in the series!
How to Code a Sandcastle by Josh Funk
I was really hoping to find a fun story about going to the beach, and I feel like I hit jackpot here. This is a story of a little girl who wants to build a sand castle, but instead of doing it by hand, figures out how to code a robot to do so. It's such a fun concept, and so well done. I really think it's a perfect book, and hope Elley feels the same.
An Elephant & Piggie Biggie! by Mo Willems
This is actually five Elephant & Piggie stories in one collection. I've heard great things about the series and Mo Willems, but there was just something that stopped me from buying any. I did recently pick up Elley at daycare and see her reading one of the stories, which reminded me of them. Plus this was Barnes & Nobles children's book of the month and hence 50% which inspired me to finally take the plunge.
A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams
I've heard such great things about Beatriz Williams, although have never read anything she's written. (Unless you count The Forgotten Room in which she was one of three authors.) I'm really excited to finally she what she's about, especially knowing how many other books of hers are out there!
All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin
I love, love, love Emily Giffin. Although I can't say I've loved everyone of her books, because there was that one. But when we lost our house in the flood and had to evacuate, the "luxury item" I brought with my was her First Comes Love which I was reading at the time. I'm so looking forward to laying out on the beach and getting lost in this book (at least assuming someone else will be watching the kids!) and I really hopeful this is like so many of her others that I can't stop reading!

It was so much fun to be back posting for Mailbox Monday, and I'll do my best to not let another 2 years go by before joining in again!

7 comments:

  1. A Certain Age is a book I've been eyeing...enjoy your vacation and your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you at MM! I bet your little ones are getting bigger - I just took a peak at the November pictures. So cute.
    I love the children's books you picked. They look like fun. Have a safe and fun vacation and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see your post, Shoshanah! Have a wonderful time on vacation - I hope you and the kids enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Mo Willem books. My favorite so far is ‘there’s a bird on your head’. They are just such funny books! Have a great time on your vacation! Right now I am reading ‘Stay with Me’ and I have ‘Final Girls’ and ‘A Place for Us’ from the library. Hopefully I can finish them all before they are due!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back...nice to see you.

    I see a Beatriz Williams’ book...that’s cover is gorgeous. The book is good too. The Forgotten Room was FAB...you will love her books.

    ENJOY your reading and your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of the "Block" books but I'm intrigued. I loved A Certain Age and hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked A Certain Age. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete