Sunday, July 24, 2016

Mailbox Monday (131)

I figured it's about time for me check in with a Mailbox Monday post, right?
Mailbox Monday
Gifted from My Dad
Spaghetti and Meatballs for All! by Marilyn Burns
I've actually seen this book on several lists of math books for children. In the story, Mr. and Mrs. Comfort throw a dinner party and have to arrange, rearrange, and rearrange the table and chairs to make room for everybody learning a bit about perimeter on the way.

Little Beaver Builds a Bed by Katie Thompson
This one was actually written by one of my dad's friends. It's about a beaver who builds a bed with his dad for a very special person.

From PJ Library
Tea with Zayde by Barney Saltzberg
This is actually a really cute and relevant for us book. Each day the little girl in the story has tea with her grandfather. Except you realize on the last page that they aren't meeting in person but over the internet. Until a few years ago a book like this never would have existed, but for kids growing up like Elley now, it's hard to imagine life without this type of technology.

Happy, Happy by Bara Bat-Shem
This one is slightly more traditional, but still adorable, as the book goes through the various happy times that occur in a baby's first year. Knowing Elley, I have a feeling this is one I'll be reading, over and over and over again.

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

6 comments:

  1. The beaver book sounds so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww...these books look so adorable. I miss reading kid lit with my kids who are teens now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable picture books! I miss having small grandchildren...mine are all teenagers or older. Sigh.

    Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I haven't looked at children's books forever. THese are darling. 2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete