11 hours ago
Friday, May 29, 2015
Five on Friday (7)
I've had different variations of this post in the works for a while now, but finally I'm actually here writing it down. Which means I'm excited to say I'm linking up with Five on Friday!
1. The boy and I recently purchased a new set of dishes from Sur la Table. Our old ones were random and mismatched so we figured it was finally time to act like grown-ups and upgrade. We actually couldn't decide on one design, so we bought two different sets. Since both of them are all white they do still go together. The photo above shows the square ones, with the boy's coq au vin, and the one below the more circular ones, with some of the boy's pad thai.
2. Earlier this week it was announced that Garth Brooks will be having a concert in New Orleans in July. I was hopping this would happen, and am so, so excited about the news. The first concert I ever saw was Garth, back in 1996 or so, and am so excited to see him again. Tickets go on sale in a week, so hopefully I'm able to score some good seats!
3. The boy and I recently discovered a new Italian restaurant right by our house, Randazzo's. It's a tiny, family owned restaurant where the chef is from Italy and is so, so good. The first time there I had the lasagna, and while good, the marinara overpowered the homemade pasta a bit. However, on the second visit I had their vegetable pasta with pesto, which was amazing. Honestly, the pesto is likely the reason we'll be going back again and again.
4. The past two year's I've been ending every month with a recap post, except I never got one up for April. Honestly though, with everything I'm trying to balance it's hard for me to manage to post anything, let alone a timely post like a recap. Plus with my daily photos and Elley's monthly updates, I'm still basically recapping daily happenings. What I'm trying to say is that for now, I don't plan on posting monthly recaps. But who knows when or if it will return.
5. One item I will miss from my monthly recaps are my flashbacks where I highlight a post from year's past. But there's no reason why I can't still do that in other posts, like a Five on Friday post! With that said, 3 years ago, in May 2012, I posted about my bridal shower out in California.
If you're stopping by from Five on Friday be sure to say hi! Also let me know your view on monthly recap posts.