1 day ago
Friday, May 1, 2015
Five on Friday (6)
I'm back linking up with Five on Friday to share a few recent happenings!
1. This weekend the boy and I are planning our first real date night since becoming parents. Or really date afternoon, since I'm not quite ready to leave Elley overnight yet. But my in-laws are planning on watching her tomorrow afternoon while we go see The Avengers, the first movie we'll see together since November or so. Definitely a change from a year ago when we went to the movies together almost every weekend.
2. Speaking of Elley, we decided to start her on real food this past week. She seemed kind of indifferent to the whole thing. I really think her favorite part was chewing on the spoon, but overall it seemed successful. We did start her a little early, especially since the boy so was excited to start making food for her. For her first meal, we went with green beans, but this does open up quite the world of possibilities.
3. Elley has a number of outfits that my mom made for me when I was a baby like these purple overalls. Even more fun, my dad sent me a picture of me as a baby wearing the same thing. In the picture below I'm on the left, while the one on the right is my daughter, 30 years later.
4. We had some crazy bad weather earlier this week, with not only thunderstorms but some tornadoes. It was so bad that we all took shelter at work. Thankfully I'm not aware on anyone who was really injured. But we did have a tree fall on our front fence and a tree fell on the driveway at our daycare. Definitely a scary experience, but one that could have been a lot worse.
5. On a brighter note, the Re-Read Challenge at at So Obsessed With has been inspiring me to re-read more often lately. I've slowly been posting my reviews of the Little House books which I last read in college. But also, I recently reread Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg. I'm not posting a full review of it since I posted one when I read it a little over a year ago. I do think I enjoyed it more this time. I think because the information wasn't as new I was able to absorb it a little more and pick up things I missed the first time through. I know I rated it a 4.5/5 before, but now I'd probably go with a 5/5.