Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mailbox Monday (69)

Another week as has come to an end, which does mean it's time for my weekly Mailbox Monday with the book that have recently entered my home!
Mailbox Monday
From Goodreads
Poison Spring by E.G. Vallianatos with McKay Jenkins
This is an expose about how we are exposed to a mix of chemicals daily. It reminds me a bit of Erin Brockovich, but besides that I don't really know what to expect with it.

Enduring Courage by John F. Ross
This is a biography of a WWI pilot, Eddie Rickenbacker. I've never heard of him before receiving this book, so I definitely have a lot to learn.

From Paperback Swap
Matched by Ally Condie
I feel like I'm one of the last people I know to read this one. But at least now I can read them all at my speed instead of waiting for them to be published. This is one is YA dystopian about a society where the government matches you with your future spouse.

Have you read any of these? And what did you find in your mailbox this week?

Also, you still have a few hours left to enter my giveaway for The Highlander's Reward by Eliza Knight!

14 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to read the Condie series but haven't yet. Too many good books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Matched series - I recommend it (along with Scott Westerfeld's "Uglies" series) to a lot of my "girly" girls who are interested in reading science fiction but need to be eased into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these books, nor have I heard of them. They all sound intriguing, though. I received an eBook to review called "Confessions of a Paris Party Girl". I figured it would be a light read. Right now I am reading The Perfume Collector which I am really liking so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matched sounds really interesting. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested to hear what you think of Matched. I liked that book okay but was disappointed in the sequel. Nice that you scored it on PBS! Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All new to me, but Poison Spring sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matched was such an interesting experience for me. I didn't love it, but it kept me reading to the end. It had some very interesting ideas, too. I hope you enjoy it even more than I did (and you're right, it's much more fun to read the books once the series conclude and you can choose to pace yourself or not! :) )
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matched looks good and so do the others but I think Poison Spring would be an upsetting read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poison Spring sounds like a book that we all need to read. I'm sure it's disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the looks of this one: Enduring Courage by John F. Ross

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful mailbox!! Happy Reading!!

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  12. ENJOY your books. No, I haven't read any of these books.

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to live near Rickenbacker Air Force Base in Columbus, Ohio so I'm familiar with Eddy Rickenbacker.

    I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poison Spring sounds like it will be an informative read.

    ReplyDelete