Tuesday, August 23, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 5

Day 05 – A book that makes you happy
Is it crazy that this is the one that took my forever to decide on? It was easy to come up with a book that makes me sad (Day 6, coming soon!), but one that made me happy was elusive. Isn't that kind of crazy? I enjoy reading, and so I would make sense that all books make me happy. But as for finding the one. That was hard. So what did I go with...
Always the Bridesmaid by Whitney Lyles
It's been about 3 years since I read this, but even so it's one that sticks with me. The title itself could be thought of as a bit of a downer, except when you realize the sequel is Here Comes the Bride. It is at its essence the perfect chick-lit book. It's funny, and it's sappy, and it's just a cute book. No it isn't anything literally, and obviously it's predictable, but still it's a fun happy book to read.

I've actually never reread this book, or its sequels, since I first read them. But writing this definitely makes me want to take a cozy Sunday afternoon to reread them. Please since I'm planning my wedding now, it could be counted as research!

Do you have any books that make you happy? Or did you have a hard time coming up with one, like I did?

2 comments:

  1. The first book i think of are children's books! Like the Fancy Nancy books make me grin ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of books make me happy. I'd have hard time picking just one!

    ReplyDelete