Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Seasons Greetings

Now that it's starting to get a little cooler weather-wise I can't stop thinking about the upcoming holidays! I've always loved the idea of holiday cards I think I'd be fun to send them out eventually. Eventually as in the future when we have kids, or in the future once we're married, because it seems silly to send out holiday cards from a couple whose just dating, right?

source
Except Shutterfly is giving out 50 free holiday cards to bloggers (Check it out here!) and if they're free maybe it's the perfect time to do it! I even found I few designs I'd considered using, like the ones I'v shown throughout the entry. Since I'm Jewish and he's Catholic I did my best to find options that seemed more winter-y or general holidays than one holiday in particular. Except finding a good picture of the two of us might prove to be a little more difficult!

source
So when do you think is the "right" time to start sending out holiday cards? Do you send you holiday cards? If not, is it something you think you'd ever want to do? And finally, do you think it'd be weird to receive cards from a couple whose dating, but isn't actually married yet?

source
~Shoshanah

4 comments:

  1. Me and Eric did holiday cards last year! I say dooo it! It's fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Shutterfly promotion!!! And who cares if you guys aren't married...I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the New Years card! So pretty with the glitter and it's something different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's totally acceptable to send out cards, even if you aren't married yet! People are always happy to receive holiday cards in my opinion - at least I am!

    I send out cards and actually started doign a photo card 2 years ago. I felt a little weird sending out a photo of 'just me' initially but I think people would rather receive a photo than just a card that tends to get tossed...

    So I will send out photo cards this year. :) And I did not know about this free card thing! I gotta check this out!

    ReplyDelete