Monday, June 6, 2016

16 Months Update

16 Months
16 Months
You are 16 months old! Or at least you were, a while ago. But you're still a few days away from turning 18 months, so I'm not officially late. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Our first LSU baseball game of the season. Enjoying the remains of a snow cone. #geauxtigers
February 20
You had your 15 month visit and were 17 lbs 6 oz, bringing you down to the 0.26th%ile. Your height was 30 inches, up to the 31st%ile. Finally your head circumference was 44.5 cms at the 13th%ile.
First Ponytail
First Ponytail, February 21
You're pretty solidly wearing 12 months clothes, with a mix of 9 months thrown in. You're still in size 3 diapers and we snap your bumgeniuses the same way.
Driving My Car
February 26
You 4th bottom tooth came in, which means we're just waiting on your canines. In total, you have your 4 center teeth on top and bottom and two molars both on top and bottom.
Drinking a Juice Box
February 29
You have so many new words, that I'm sure I'm not going to remember them all, although it might be easier to list them in categories. There are those for things you want to do, like out, more, sit (normally what you tell me to do), or night-nght. There's food items hot, snack, or cheese. There's words for excitement like whee (normally when you're sliding off something) or yeah. There's the standard ones you'd expect a baby to say, no (while shaking your head from side to side), mine, and finally mama. There are things like "poon" (spoon), book, bowl. There's even your first character, "Mimi" (Minnie). Of course there's the things most important to you "Po" (hippo) and "bebe" (pacy/binky).
IMG_1663
March 2
You've even got a few animal noises down. You're pretty good at repeating them when I say them, although are really good at making monkey noises. Besides that at first guess every animal moos. As for naming animals you say duck and puppy. You still say shoe (ALL THE TIME) but have added sock to your regiment. Like I started out with, I know I'm forgetting some, but I think I did a pretty good job getting most of them.
Getting back to normal posting... Playing outside with our car.
March 7
You are obsessed with books, not too surprising considering your parents. You ask for books to be read to you all the time. You're constantly carrying them places so the migrant from your bedroom to the living room to our room to even the kitchen cabinets. You don't necessarily have a favorite book, just whatever one you pick you want it read over and over and over. We're reading books at bedtime again. Each night I tell you to get a book and you pick one out from your bookshelf. Normally we read 2 or 3 books this way.
Marching in her #Purim parade
Marching in Your Purim Parade, March 24
Besides books some of your other favorites are shoes, "Mimi" (aka Minnie), and babies. Good thing on that last one since you'll be a big sister later this year! As for favorite foods you love broccoli and marinated mozzarella.
IMG_1762
March 27
You are non-stop and always on the go. You're climbing whatever you can, taking things out of cabinets, leaving your living room in a complete disarray...But as much as you drive me crazy, I know I'm going to miss you being this little.
IMG_4497
April 9
And yes, you may have noticed that pregnancy announcement hidden in there. Surprise! That's actually the main reason why my blog has fallen apart lately. For so long I was too tired to sit down and blog and then once I fell out of the habit it's hard to get it back. But I really do miss blogging and I miss all of you, so hopefully I'll be back slightly more regularly than I have been. At least until we add this second kid to the mix!
1 Month Old2 Months OldIMG_3341
1 Month ~ 2 Months~3 Months
IMG_3543IMG_3698IMG_3783
4 Months ~ 5 Months ~ 6 Months
IMG_3893IMG_4002IMG_4080
7 Months ~ 8 Months ~ 9 Months
IMG_414011 Months12 Months
10 Months ~ 11 Months ~ 12 Months
14 Months
14 Months

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! Congratulations!! I was reading on my phone and I saw your sneaky announcement and then immediately got on the computer so I could comment quicker!! I'm so happy for your family! So exciting!!
    I hope you have been feeling well (besides the tiredness that you mentioned). I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did notice the pregnancy comment hidden in there - I stopped and was like, wait, what? Did I miss something? Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you guys! When are you due? I hope the exhaustion subsides soon! I'm sure caring for an almost-18 month old keeps you especially busy, so maybe this pregnancy will go by quickly?

    Love all the pics in this post! She is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welp, I think this is proof of how behind I've gotten in my blog reading...

    ReplyDelete