Monday, December 14, 2015

Meeting the Morlands

The Founding by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles
Published
: April 1, 2010 by Sourcebooks Landmark
First Published: 1980
Series: The Morland Dynasty Series #1
Starting this book I knew what I was getting into, and I was so excited to get going! The Founding is the first book of The Morland Dynasty. It's a book series that follows one family from the 1400s to the 1900s. There's currently 35 books in the series, and the author is working on the 36th. It's definitely an investment, and I imagine by the time I've gotten to the 36th book, they'll be even more in the series since she's only up to the 1930s and plans to go to WWII.

As for the book, I really enjoyed it. I think that even if this was a standalone book I would have loved it, but knowing that I get to keep reading about this family (and reading and reading) is even more exciting. Especially since with one book it already has become a multi-generation saga.

If I had any complaint about this book it was keeping all the family members straight. There was a family tree in the front that helped, but depending when you referenced it, you were met with minor spoilers. It does make me worried that it will be hard to remember exactly who everyone is in books to come. Although I do imagine as time passes there will be far less children to deal with.

This book definitely lived up to my expectations, and then some! If this book is any indication of what to come then I know I'm going to have a lot (and I mean A LOT) of good reading ahead!

4.5/5

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this series before, but it sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really cool series. I'm off to see if my library carries it...

    ReplyDelete