Sushi for Dinner on Friday
California Rolls, Crunchy Rolls, and Salmon Rolls
Did several loads of laundry
Saw a movie
Again, this weekend was not one of my picks. Honestly, the best part of the movie for me was watching Chanam Tatum. I was not a big fan of the fight scenes and cowered into the Boy during most of them (which makes me so glad I wasn't dating him back when he was fighting back in his college days. I probably would have died trying to watch them). I did like the love interest in it, Zulay Valez . And according to imdb the actual actress' name is Zulay Henao. Coincidence? I'm guess they probably liked her name so they named the character after her. It had a happy ending so that was good. My thought is if you're forced into seeing a movie with your guy there's worst ones out there.
Cleaned the bathrooms
Finished a book
Strike Zone by Kate Angel
This book was lent to me by a co-worker, otherwise I would have never opted to read it. It's one of those cheesy romance book they always have an excerpt from in the back of Cosmo. I always wonder who read actually reads those kinds of books. Well now its me. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. And if my co-workers lend me more book like this I would probably read them. But I don't see myself going out and buying anyways.
And in case you're curious... the book is about an adventure seeking girl named Taylor Hannah. Who used to be engaged to a star MLB pitcher Brek Styker. (Yes, even the names tell you its a cheesy romance novel.) But Hannah left Brek at the alter 3 years ago to go sky-diving instead. After Taylor learns Brek is engaged again, she has to see him one last time. Cheesy? Yes. But overall a nice change from the chick lit and the historical fiction I'm normally reading
Laid out at the pool
The plans for the rest of the night?
I'm planning on making some noodles. They're made by Ming Tsai who used to have a show on the Food Network. I figured I loved his show I'll love his noodles right?
And of course I'll be watching the new episodes of Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers & Sisters.
P.S. Carissa at The Lovely Dove gave me a cute blogger award.
Which means I'm supposed to list 10 uncute things about me
1. My feet. (You'll just have to trust me on this one. But I seriously have ridiculous high arches and toes that curl under)
2. All the piles of clean folded laundry on the couch. I guess I didn't quite finish doing laundry
3. All of the candy and dessert in the apartment begging me to eat them. (Let's see there's leftover Easter candy, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Little Debbie snack cakes, See's lollipops...)
4. I can't wear nail polish because when I'm bored I'll just pick it off. It normally lasts only a day for me.
5. That all I've eaten so far today is a piece of toast with jam, a granola bar, and Easter candy. Not the healthiest of days.
6. The fact that most of my apartment is completely bare and undecorated. And we'll been living here since January.
7. I am always shedding. There are clumps of hair all over my apartment.
8. I am always sneezing. I have a box of Kleenex close to me at all times.
9. That I really hate driving. And so when I do have to drive somewhere I will probably get lost.
10. Amazing Race is starting, which isn't really uncute, but a reason to finish this up.
Finally I'm awarding this to 5 blogs that I feel are cute!
1. Amber at Amber Alert
2. Amber at A Little Pink in the Cornfields
3. JLC at French Kiss
4. K Pod at Two P's in a Blog
4. Leslie at Pretty Random Things
Edit: Just finished the noodles. Not that big of a fan. Ming Tsai I'm disappointed in you.
Also after rereading the uncute things I ate today, I now remember I left half of them out. Oops!